Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next
AuthorMessage
malanoche
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Male Number of posts : 24
Cool Points : 2460
Registration date : 2012-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Thu May 24, 2012 10:52 am

I don't think a song like that would make a good single to send to radio, but that would be bad ass if it was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
black_me_out111
From Her Lips to God's Ears

Male Number of posts : 106
Cool Points : 2565
Registration date : 2012-05-17

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Fri May 25, 2012 3:00 am

yeah i know what you mean considering all the piss and fucks. but i could give a shit about radio air time and i know laura could too.

I guess i was just gettin too worked up. its just, with all this gender dysphoria floatin around i cant wait for something to be released. cause if you thought am! was edgey and hardcore before. Just you fuckin wait...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Female Number of posts : 2322
Cool Points : 6054
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Fri May 25, 2012 10:53 pm

I'm very excited for this album.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tkrnstr
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Male Number of posts : 4
Cool Points : 2454
Registration date : 2012-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Fri May 25, 2012 11:42 pm

I hope they play a few new songs that will be on the new album @ The congress Theater in Chicago June 1st.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MariaaPOP
Dear Shithead
Dear Shithead

Female Number of posts : 20
Cool Points : 2911
Registration date : 2011-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Sat May 26, 2012 2:21 pm

So from this article : http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/against-me-s-tom-gabel-makes-live-debut-as-laura-jane-grace-in-san-diego-20120526 I've gathered

New songs for album : Osama bin Laden as the Crucified Christ, Dead Friend, True Trans Soul Rebel, Drinking with the Jocks and Black Me Out.

I knew about Osama, Dead Friends and Black Me Out but didn't now about True Trans Soul Rebel and Drinking with the Jocks. Was anyone at the gig and know what they are like??

Also, when Laura thanked January Hunt on twitter I always wondered with she used the hashtag #TrueTransSoulRebel, i guess we all know why now though! the song must be about January then.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
dannyglover
Untouchable
Untouchable

Number of posts : 280
Cool Points : 4051
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Sun May 27, 2012 2:17 am

Laura just said on her Twitter that she's using the same basic guitar set-up for this record as the one she used on ATEC. I fucking love the way the guitars sound on that record so I'm pretty stoked.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dannyglover
Untouchable
Untouchable

Number of posts : 280
Cool Points : 4051
Registration date : 2008-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Sun May 27, 2012 12:11 pm

Also, and this is a prediction based on nothing but speculation, but I have a feeling that when they tour in support of TGDB, Touche Amore will be one of the openers. It would be an interesting pairing; Jay is super good friends with Jeremy Bolm and TA are openly huge AM! fans. I'm not a huge Touche Amore fan, and I think the show could draw some tuff-guy hxc kids that wouldn't mesh well with the Against Me! aesthetic but it stil could be a possibility.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kyle
thumbless wonder

Male Number of posts : 3639
Cool Points : 5496
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Sun May 27, 2012 12:21 pm

dannyglover wrote:
Laura just said on her Twitter that she's using the same basic guitar set-up for this record as the one she used on ATEC. I fucking love the way the guitars sound on that record so I'm pretty stoked.

I noticed that in the picture of her playing in San Diego on the Cult tour, she is playing with the G&L Telecaster that she used a lot during the bands earlier days.
As a gear nerd, I am stoked.

dannyglover wrote:
Also, and this is a prediction based on nothing but speculation, but I have a feeling that when they tour in support of TGDB, Touche Amore will be one of the openers. It would be an interesting pairing; Jay is super good friends with Jeremy Bolm and TA are openly huge AM! fans. I'm not a huge Touche Amore fan, and I think the show could draw some tuff-guy hxc kids that wouldn't mesh well with the Against Me! aesthetic but it stil could be a possibility.

Please let this happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mitchard
Untouchable
Untouchable

Male Number of posts : 396
Cool Points : 3418
Registration date : 2010-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Mon May 28, 2012 12:44 pm

dannyglover wrote:
I love TA, but I don't think their sound really meshes well as an opened for AM. I won't bitch about it because I can see two great bands play the same show, but it doesn't seem like a great fit. Doesn't really matter though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/mitchard
Kyle
thumbless wonder

Male Number of posts : 3639
Cool Points : 5496
Registration date : 2008-04-24

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Tue May 29, 2012 1:43 am

mitchard wrote:
dannyglover wrote:
I love TA, but I don't think their sound really meshes well as an opened for AM. I won't bitch about it because I can see two great bands play the same show, but it doesn't seem like a great fit. Doesn't really matter though.

I agree that they are very different sounding bands, but one of my favorite parts about seeing Against Me! is that they always have diverse support.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mr Stocks
Untouchable
Untouchable

Male Number of posts : 390
Cool Points : 4119
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Tue May 29, 2012 9:09 am

Kyle wrote:
mitchard wrote:
dannyglover wrote:

I agree that they are very different sounding bands, but one of my favorite parts about seeing Against Me! is that they always have diverse support.
Didnt AM!/Mastadon/cursive/blood brothers tour together in 05?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1388366206
JustinAtWill
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!

Male Number of posts : 1582
Cool Points : 5214
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Tue May 29, 2012 10:05 am

It was 07 or 08 but yes, they did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/xatwillx
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Male Number of posts : 3155
Cool Points : 6169
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Tue May 29, 2012 10:49 am

i remember Sage Francis opened for AM! once. lol he was alright.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
mitchard
Untouchable
Untouchable

Male Number of posts : 396
Cool Points : 3418
Registration date : 2010-12-05

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Tue May 29, 2012 11:59 am

Kyle wrote:
mitchard wrote:
dannyglover wrote:

Except for that whole Silversun Pickups thing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/mitchard
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Male Number of posts : 3489
Cool Points : 7273
Registration date : 2009-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Tue May 29, 2012 1:40 pm

Cocktease #1

Back to top Go down
View user profile
UntilTheyFall

Male Number of posts : 168
Cool Points : 3138
Registration date : 2010-12-12

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Wed May 30, 2012 5:48 am

Aaron wrote:
Cocktease #1

That song sounds undeniably poppy, but I still fucking like it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
WWD4D?
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!

Male Number of posts : 1245
Cool Points : 4918
Registration date : 2008-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Thu May 31, 2012 5:30 pm

Fuuuuuck. I just watched some of the videos from Revival tour. Those new songs are amazing. Two Coffins sounds ace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JessBowles
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!

Female Number of posts : 1031
Cool Points : 4342
Registration date : 2010-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Thu May 31, 2012 8:42 pm

WWD4D? wrote:
Fuuuuuck. I just watched some of the videos from Revival tour. Those new songs are amazing. Two Coffins sounds ace.

Were they mine ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/SingYouALullaby
WWD4D?
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:21 am

Yeah. Great video. Really good sound quality, even on my iphone. Good work!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JessBowles
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!

Female Number of posts : 1031
Cool Points : 4342
Registration date : 2010-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:30 pm

The sound on that camera is amazing. It hasn't failed me. Unfortunately a pixel died in it and I have to get a new one this year. And thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/SingYouALullaby
WWD4D?
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:00 am

Oh is that what causes that one yellow/red/orange dot on the picture? I wondered what that was.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
transgender_Amber
Untouchable
Untouchable

Female Number of posts : 270
Cool Points : 2665
Registration date : 2012-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Sat Jun 02, 2012 1:05 pm

Does anyone know when Transgender Dysphoria Blues album is comming out?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:28 pm

Hopefully in the next couple of months. Summer for sure. I would say August, but I hope that's the latest it'll be.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aaron
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:57 pm

Last edited by Aaron on Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
telegraphrocks

Male Number of posts : 177
Cool Points : 3995
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:01 am

transgender_Amber wrote:
Does anyone know when Transgender Dysphoria Blues album is comming out?
Late Fall. Band finished recording demos, then everything acoustic, then started full-band... but didn't finish the full-band recordings before The Cult tour started. They'll finish right after, and a Fall release is likely, though not definite.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/pjsdisco
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)   

Back to top Go down

Transgender Dysphoria Blues (Album #6)
Page 5 of 41Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 23 ... 41  Next