Against Me! Forum
If you're not a member go ahead and register! Or log in if you are.

Against Me! Forum

The Un-Official Against Me! forum, your best source for rare videos, songs and cool people.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Graduation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ashley
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Female Number of posts : 2267
Cool Points : 5385
Registration date : 2008-04-16

PostSubject: Graduation   Fri May 15, 2009 9:57 am

i went to my friend's graduation last night (got another one tonight). mine is next friday. everybody on the forum is invited unless it's raining then i only have four tickets...
i'm not excited at walking at all...
how was your graduation?
or
how will your graduation be?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
JustinAtWill
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!

Male Number of posts : 1582
Cool Points : 4762
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Graduation   Fri May 15, 2009 10:23 am

My graduation was fun/fucking horrible. My parents made me dress up, but I still wore my converse =) It was fun hanging out with friends I probably wouldnt see again, and the after parties were fun, but after we all through our hats up it kinda turned my world upside down for a moment. I helped my friends find their families in the crowd and I couldnt find mine so I called my mom. She was like where are you? I shouted Im over here next to the bathrooms, where are you guys? She was like Oh....we're home, watchin tv...you should not stay out late tonight and come home. I was torn. It was like being stabbed in the heart I imagine.

I didnt come home for a few days.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.myspace.com/xatwillx
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Male Number of posts : 6264
Cool Points : 7796
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Graduation   Fri May 15, 2009 11:28 am

My grad's not for another two weeks. Prom is a week from tomorrow (the day after my last exam Very Happy), for which I'm fairly excited.

I put my hair up in a mohawk(/fauxhawk) with shampoo in the shower, today, which made me really want to get a mohawk just for prom/grad. :/ I know people would be upset with me if I did it (especially my mum), but I think it would be hilarious! Only issue: I don't think I'd look good with a mohawk. Ginger + mohawk = not so great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lex
dictator bastardette

Female Number of posts : 7832
Cool Points : 5196
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Graduation   Fri May 15, 2009 11:33 am

Mine was really hot and and kind of sucked. I wasn't going to go but my mom talked me into it. But I was really happy to be done with high school. I didn't go to my college graduation, just got the degree in the mail.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mike
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Male Number of posts : 3153
Cool Points : 5140
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Graduation   Fri May 15, 2009 12:09 pm

i really don't remember anything about my graduation. that should tell you how it went
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hastekilledcreativity
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!
Baby, I'm an Anarchist!

Female Number of posts : 1335
Cool Points : 3620
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Graduation   Fri May 15, 2009 12:16 pm

I was forced to go to my high school graduation. The only picture I have from it is me shaking my fist at the camera, I was so angsty.

I'm not going to my college graduation, mainly because I don't want to stay in town for the extra two days or pay for a cap and gown (you actually have to pay EXTRA for the honors colors, like they're punishing us for good grades). If I didn't transfer schools I probably would have gone to graduation, but I really never bothered to get to know the people here all that well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
laurendelore
juicebox romeo

Female Number of posts : 1185
Cool Points : 4518
Registration date : 2009-04-21

PostSubject: Re: Graduation   Fri May 15, 2009 1:25 pm

I didn't go to my high school graduation, I think I was like one of two people that didn't go and everybody was all shocked that I didn't want to. I hated high school, I just picked up my diploma and left school a week early because I didn't have to do all the graduation rehearsals and stuff. It was awesome, I just slept in, went to the beach and watched Oprah everyday while my classmates had to sit in the hot sun in some tacky robe.

The only graduation I plan on attending is when I graduate from university because it's something I actually worked for instead of just showing up everyday and complaining.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Female Number of posts : 2008
Cool Points : 3607
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Graduation   Fri May 15, 2009 2:37 pm

My high school graduation was awful, except I got to not take it seriously in a very public way. You see, the honour students in the top of the class sat at the front of the proceedings, instead of in their proper place in alphabetical order amongst the commoners. And of course, all the honour students were resplendent with medals, pins, ropes, and all kinds of tacky crap that showed off just how special they were. Except me, right in the middle of all that, with nothing at all on. I even got to explain to the principal that I was not wearing anything because I just didn't care, which I did "accidentally" into a microphone. Embarrassed my family, the school, pretty much everyone. It was great.

I had to go to my brothers the next year. I sat outside smoking with a bunch of my old teachers, then went out drinking with them. Good times, good times.

I know John Mayer is officially lame, but he was right when he said "there's no such thing as the 'real wolrd'".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyperballad
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Female Number of posts : 3318
Cool Points : 5092
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Graduation   Fri May 15, 2009 4:06 pm

I'm graduating two weeks from today. I'm excited to be done with high school, but kinda sad that I just met a lot of my friends the second semester of my senior year and now we're all leaving.

Lucky for me, a lot of cool people are going to FSU.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Graduation   Fri May 15, 2009 4:09 pm

hyperballad wrote:
I'm graduating two weeks from today. I'm excited to be done with high school, but kinda sad that I just met a lot of my friends the second semester of my senior year and now we're all leaving.

Lucky for me, a lot of cool people are going to FSU.

Tallahassee is a beautiful city. Be sure to get to Maclay Gardens at some point. And the Florida Museum. And the Jr. Museum......which is called something else these days, but everyone knows it as the Jr. Museum. It's a fantastic place.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyperballad
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Graduation   Fri May 15, 2009 4:12 pm

During my brief time there, it didn't seem like much (besides the government stuff), but it apparently has a really good music scene. I don't think I could live in a place that didn't have a lot of good shows.

My school does that whole honors shpiel too. My call number is 530 because I was >< this close to having a 4.0 but didn't quite make it. I hope my parents aren't sleeping when I have to walk across the stage.

Also, our graduation is at the USF Sun Dome. How sweet is that?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile
arollo
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Graduation   Fri May 15, 2009 4:20 pm

hyperballad wrote:
During my brief time there, it didn't seem like much (besides the government stuff), but it apparently has a really good music scene. I don't think I could live in a place that didn't have a lot of good shows.

My school does that whole honors shpiel too. My call number is 530 because I was >< this close to having a 4.0 but didn't quite make it. I hope my parents aren't sleeping when I have to walk across the stage.

My grad was at the sun dome too. I always hated that place. I saw John Kerry give a ten second speech there. Michael Moore host a circle jerk. A sporting event that I slept through. And my very own graduation. The parking is terrible.

My GPA was 4.8 or something. Gotta love that bonus credit for AP courses. Our valedictorian had a GPA of 7.0, because he had no soul. For all I know, he still has no soul and is studying medicine or whatever he thinks will land him a fat pay cheque in the end. Meanwhile, I'm a college dropout who makes an obscene amount of money doing practically nothing and is quite happy about the whole arrangement. Ain't life funny?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hyperballad
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Graduation   Fri May 15, 2009 4:22 pm

HAHAHA nice. Ours has something like a 6.8 and is going to UF, while the Sauldictorian is going to Princeton. That must burn at least a little. She's pretty nice, but she certainly can be full of herself.

I can't be too upset, because I like the school I'm going to and a lot of people I like will be there.
Back to top Go down
pintsogin
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Male Number of posts : 3155
Cool Points : 5717
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Graduation   Fri May 15, 2009 4:39 pm

this quiet kid in my class lit up a cigar after the ceremony. that was pretty bad ass.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Pollard/209701715
Johnny99
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Male Number of posts : 2868
Cool Points : 5419
Registration date : 2008-06-15

PostSubject: Re: Graduation   Fri May 15, 2009 5:28 pm

arollo wrote:
hyperballad wrote:

My grad was at the sun dome too. I always hated that place. I saw John Kerry give a ten second speech there. Michael Moore host a circle jerk. A sporting event that I slept through. And my very own graduation. The parking is terrible.

My GPA was 4.8 or something. Gotta love that bonus credit for AP courses. Our valedictorian had a GPA of 7.0, because he had no soul. For all I know, he still has no soul and is studying medicine or whatever he thinks will land him a fat pay cheque in the end. Meanwhile, I'm a college dropout who makes an obscene amount of money doing practically nothing and is quite happy about the whole arrangement. Ain't life funny?

what is it you do for money?
im only asking because i love situations that involve making obscene amounts of money and doing practically nothing..
hah
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ashley
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Graduation   Fri May 15, 2009 5:41 pm

at the graduation i went to last night all the IB kids (6) got special little white bib things....

im gonna wear a black rope and a gold rope but i really don't want to. my mom wants me to and since my older sister dropped out of high school (7th in her class, two weeks of school left) i think i should just shut up and do it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ThusSpokeYourFace
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Female Number of posts : 2322
Cool Points : 5602
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Graduation   Fri May 15, 2009 5:45 pm

My graduation is in like a few weeks...
But I'm not going. I'm done with school.
I will not dress up fancy to walk across a stage, and watch everyone else I know and don't care to know any longer walk across a stage....
And then listen to the administration of my school say dumb shit. And then listen to the valedictorian say some other shit. And then listen to the salutatorian say even more shit.
And all of that shit will be shit that isn't true or doesn't matter.
And it will be outdoors. Which is really the deal breaker. The last time I went outside I thought I was going to die of heat stroke.

But I am excited to graduate. Woo college.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ashley
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Graduation   Fri May 15, 2009 5:47 pm

my graduation is outdoors too. it's on our football field. unless it rains then it's at a church. i'm about to leave for another graduation it's at this big arena...pointless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Graduation   Fri May 15, 2009 6:51 pm

It's been decided. I'm getting a mohawk for prom/grad. Very Happy Hopefully my parents don't hold me down and shave it off for grad. Considering it IS a week after prom. :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Stevie K
Untouchable
Untouchable

Male Number of posts : 270
Cool Points : 3416
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Graduation   Thu May 21, 2009 5:09 pm

I my graduation blew there was like 700 people in my class and i was one of the last people to get called up. I had fun at rehersals and stuff with friends but, the actual ceremony was awefully boring for the whole 3 and some odd hours. Although they did call my friends name even though he had dropped out so I kept a program for him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jackattack
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!

Female Number of posts : 520
Cool Points : 3681
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Graduation   Thu May 21, 2009 5:14 pm

At my high school graduation the principal read my name wrong and he knew me for years i was so pissed the entire rest of the ceremony.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mark Narra
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

Male Number of posts : 2332
Cool Points : 4213
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Graduation   Thu May 21, 2009 6:07 pm

the only part of high school graduation i remember was smoking a cigarette with a few of my friends in the parking lot before the ceremony. going was worth it for that alone.

college was funny because i won a worthless award, basically for being the only one in my class to be moving on to grad school. it was cool. they said nice things. the night after was a blast because it felt like everything had finally come together.

my girlfriend graduated this week at my old college, where i get treated like fucking royalty by the kids who were freshmen when i was a senior. my old friend and i sat in the back row and made fun of everyone who had toolish tendencies, and the dean and VP, who we known quite well. holy lord, it was a blast.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://teachyourselfitsbeautiful.com/
StoolPigeon
Ninja Warrior
Ninja Warrior

PostSubject: Re: Graduation   Fri May 22, 2009 7:23 pm

Finished my last exam, this morning. fairly tipsy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jackattack
Drinkin' Irish tonight!
Drinkin' Irish tonight!

Female Number of posts : 520
Cool Points : 3681
Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Graduation   Sun May 24, 2009 2:13 am

Mark Narra wrote:
the only part of high school graduation i remember was smoking a cigarette with a few of my friends in the parking lot before the ceremony. going was worth it for that alone.

My favorite part of high school was every day during tutorial me and my friend andy would tell the hall monitor that i left my tampons in his truck and we would go out in the parking lot and smoke a cigarette. we never got caught and it was the highlight of my day back then
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Graduation   

Back to top Go down

Graduation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Against Me! Forum :: Other :: Spam-
Jump to: